Thursday, February 3, 2011

Loc'd Ladies only attract Loc'd guys: fact or fiction

Faye Anne Lyons and Husband Bunji Garlin


Monday the 31st of January, my locs made a debut at school.. Many people seemed shocked that I had gone from a  wicked twistout (lasting 4 days) to a set of cornrows to locs within one week. The compliments, oohs and aahs lasted all week. However one negative comment which stayed with me was you are only going to attract thugs because guys with short "well groomed" hair do not like girls with locs. Well guess what??.
  • Not everyone with locs are freeformers. I have seen people with scaly dandruff on short hair
  • Guys with short hair have all types of desires...Relaxed, short, long, coily, braided.
  • Thugs have all types of hair; looks may be deceiving
  •  Why judge people by their hairstyle *eyeroll*?
  • Who said I wanted a guy without locs ANYWAY!! (hehe just joking)
Right about now I'll be focusing on school  so I'll worry about this stuff later.....Meanwhile I'll be having chemistry with Chemistry :D.

In next blog post: Reason behind stigma and stereotyping of loc rockers in St.Lucia..

              


Till Whenever


OOze with Happiness 


 IslandGirl Nappiness..<3

No comments:

Post a Comment