Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day one.....Proud New Mommy!!

Day before...Can you tell how excited I am?

So after years of lusting and wishing for locs I have my very own. Yesterday, 28th January 2011, my last loc was completed at 6:37 pm.I was very excited but i couldn't stop to marvel at them because I had to rush home in the south of the island(the loctician lives in the north). When i got home however I was in intense pain due to not eating, the long commute and the tightness of the interlocking. I had a few pictures taken before going to bed however. Do enjoy!






Back view

Right side

Left side
Parent's reaction 
Since I have been talking about this for a verrrry long time my mother has accepted it. This doesn't mean she loves it however. My father on the other hand, hasn't seen them. Being an ex-police officer, his stigma and stereotype associated with locs haven't changed one bit.Here in St.Lucia, loc wearers are presumed to be a drug dealing-weed smoking-criminally mind-kinda thug. To avoid any negative comments to spoil my Saturday I kept them covered all morning till he went to work. I'll show them to him on Monday(fingers crossed)...

How it Feels
Though I AM really excited to have this started, I feel like I've worn locs for years.When neighbours see me and freak out I'm pretty lost as to why they act that way.(LoL)...Any reflective surface is my best friend, as my babies love to see themselves. The tight feeling has subsided and the gel my loctician used  dried, leaving a nasty white residue. This I won't worry about because I'm pretty sure when I wash my locs, it will come right off.. Last night I slept with a black stocking cap and its been on for a few hours to prevent HIL disease (Hand-In-Loc). My brothers adore my locs and are thinking of starting their own. All in all I know this neatness won't last for too long so I'm gonna enjoy it while it lasts.


Babies wrapped up and ready for bed.

Till Whenever


OOze with Happiness 


 IslandGirl Nappiness..<3

1 comment:

  1. Saw your post over on Curlynikki.com and decided to check it out! I've always been curious about locks, especially about how they feel against your skin. I've been working up courage to ask this one guy I know to let me play in his locs! I haven't known him for long so I'm kind of shy about it. Anyways yours look cute! No more detangling!

    ReplyDelete