Friday, January 7, 2011

New Semester, New Opportunity, New Approach

So the holidays have come and gone and it is now time to return to school. Grades were not what I desired but hey, what can I say I'm supposed to pick up and learn so that the next time I'd do better. In the mean time this week has been one that was really meaningful..Emotions came out, i cleaned out my "closet" and i can safely say that 2010 baggage and has been opened dealt with and discarded. I am not one to make resolutions for new years but rather i have a theme throughout the year. This year my theme is CONSISTENCY.

CONSISTENCY with(in no particular order):

  • My locs
  • My Grades
  • My walk with God
  • Learning to play the ukulele
  • BLOGGING!
Today I washed my hair and allowed my Mom to put in some Bantu Knots for me. Started off  a lil rough but it smoothed out. I used cheap Vo5 shampoo and condish (first pre-pooing with EVOO).After washing i mixed EVOO and coconut oil and placed it in my damp hair. I used a little carrot oil cream to moisturise. This is just to keep my hair detangled as i have to get it styled tomorrow. It is customary to see Caribbean girls with their bantu knots secured with hairpins or "twists" as they called in St. Lucia, to prevent breakage and keep hair manageable. {Cant wait to be locked !!!}

#totally random...I came across this African-German Artist called Nneka... I really Love African Culture/Music/Heritage and I'll be featuring alot of it on this blog..Here's a piece that gave me goosebumps. Her lyrics are really deep and speak about war and poverty and government isssues.. I <3 her!!

Till Whenever


OOze with Happiness 


 IslandGirl Nappiness..<3



No comments:

Post a Comment