Thursday, January 6, 2011

Nappy New Year!!

Hey everyone, Happy New Year!! This is my first year I'm starting as a complete natural, in 5 years...This is my second shot at blogging..The first was in 2009 and lets just say it wasn't that great.I have searched high and low for a blogger who has the type of locs I want with the type of hair I have..So why not create my own?? I am Afro-Caribbean with tightly coiled hair. I have been through texturizers, braids, plaits, needless to say tears and pain as well..Growing up the society's view of natural hair and locs did not deter me from wanting to loc my hair..My mother in particular, still dreads the fact that her only daughter will soon be closing her painful childhood memories of dreadful combing and "detangling" with a set of locs..In my younger days my classmates and i would talk about our agonizing experiences on "wash day"( Usually a weekend) Hair would be washed using a sulphate shampoo "conditioned", then allowed to dry fully before detangling. This of course came with screams, tears and of course spanking with the comb or brush.I felt as if my mother would be releasing all her frustrations on my poor head. (Writing this right now make chills race up and down my spine).Hair would then be slicked down with hair grease and styled. Thankfully i have made peace with my god given texture and I'm ready to move on to my next step. I have done research and I'm still doing research on  different locking methods and do's and don't.I will keep you posted as to my progress and setbacks in my journey and any other other topic of interest and relevance..Please subscribe!!!



Till Whenever


OOze with Happiness 


IslandGirl Nappiness..<3

No comments:

Post a Comment